PTSD can be very disruptive, but effective treatment can improve your life. If you’ve been struggling with the symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder, Crownview Teleheath Institute can provide the online treatment you need to recover from PTSD.
PTSD, more commonly known as Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, is a mental health issue that often occurs after a traumatic event. This condition can last months or even years, with triggers that may stir up memories of the trauma, and intense emotional and physical reactions.
Throughout the years, PTSD has been known by many names; “shell shock” during World War I and “combat fatigue” after World War II, but contrary to popular belief, PTSD does not only happen to those who have been in or seen war and combat. Posttraumatic Stress Disorder can occur in anyone, regardless of your sex, ethnicity, or age. PTSD affects relatively 3.5% of adults in the United States every year. Did you know that 1 in 11 people will be diagnosed with Posttraumatic Stress Disorder in their lifetime? Women are also twice as likely as men to have PTSD.
In order to be diagnosed with Posttraumatic Stress Disorder an adult must have all of the following symptoms for at least 1 month:
– A re-experiencing symptom
– An avoidance symptom
– Two or more arousal & reactivity symptoms
– Two or more cognition & mood symptoms
Re-experiencing symptoms include:
– Flashbacks including physical symptoms
– Unpleasant thoughts
Avoidance symptoms include:
– Avoiding places, events, or objects that are reminders
– Dodging thoughts and feelings related to the event
Arousal & Reactivity symptoms include:
– Easily startled
– Feeling on edge
– Trouble getting to sleep & staying asleep
– Angry outbursts
Cognition & Mood symptoms include:
– Difficulty recalling key elements of the event
– Negative thoughts & feelings about oneself or others
– Warped or confusing feelings like guilt or blame
– Loss of interest in activities that you’d normally find enjoyable
Our goal is to mitigate a person’s traumatic past and help them move toward a healthy future. Our PTSD treatment plans are developed around the specific needs of each individual client and are accomplished by using APA approved trauma methodology like Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR).
Our highly experienced clinical staff prescribes a blend of psychological and other integrative therapies to most effectively treat you as a whole person, working on core issues of trauma that drive PTSD symptoms.